Sunday, May 2, 2010

I'm making up for yesterday's short post...

Sundays are becoming my least favorite day of the week. For one thing, there's the impending doom of the work week starting the next day. Plus Friday and Saturday are (usually) so awesome that Sunday just pales in comparison. And the last two Sundays have had really shitty weather, which wouldn't be so bad if I had anything to do today, but I didn't. Facebook wasn't around to distract me for hours on end, so I just watched hours of Friends. I love Friends, but I really hate it when TV shows end. Usually I cry. Even now, watching the last episode of Full House makes me really depressed, and that show's been off the air for 15 years! (and I repeat: when did I get old?!?) But Friends, oh man. I weep like a little child and I've only seen the last episode twice. That's all I can handle. So yes, in addition to poopy weather and poopy boredom, I had poopy sadness today too.

I'm debating on whether or not I want to attempt online dating again. The last time I was single, I joined a free dating site along with my friends Phil and Liz. They both had lots of success (although it was all temporary) but I only actually met two of the guys from the site. One of them I liked a lot, and we met up a couple of times, but we never made it out of the friend zone, and looking back, that was probably pretty wise. He's a nice guy, but we never had that spark. The other guy wasn't that great. We went out once and he spent the whole date texting his friends to make plans to go sing karaoke afterwards. Not cool. And then a few weeks later when we tried to make plans to go out again, he "got called into work" and after that I kinda gave up on him. Then I started dating Bill and completely forgot about the other guy, until I saw that he had unfriended me on Facebook. Awesome socks. So you can see why I have some reservations.

I re-activated my profile about a week and a half ago, but I haven't changed anything on it, including the part where it says Body Type: Skinny! Hahaha, right? But back then, I could claim myself as a skinny person. It also still has a whole bunch of stuff about how I wanted to be a band director. Yup, I really need to do some updating. But I'm still not 100% sure if I want to start that search again. I miss having someone there for me all of the time, but I'm not going to find that at the start of a new relationship. That's what friends are for. It's weird though, some of the simplest things are what I miss the most. I love having my hand held. I love hugs. Scratch that, I REALLY love hugs. I love how boys smell. I love having someone put their arm around my shoulder. I love snuggling into a boy's chest. But again, most of those things I'm not going to find at the beginning of a new relationship.

While I was looking through my external hard drive yesterday to find the recipe for buffalo chicken dip (that I had mistakenly transferred over there when I moved files a few weeks ago), I found my boyfriend requirements list from the last time I was single. Keep in mind that this was from my junior year of college:

Christine's Boyfriend Requirements (2007 Edition):
- single
- at least straight
- male
- dark brown/black or blonde hair (no redheads!)
- enjoys music
- little body hair (i.e. anything more than a happy trail on the torso is not acceptable. Leg hair is fine. Back hair is not.)
- good teeth (straight and none missing)
- sense of humor
- taller than me (5'7")
- not overweight

Ideally, He Should Also:
- look good in a polo shirt
- be a fan of the Buckeyes, Steelers, and Notre Dame
- be Catholic
- have nice looking feet (no hammertoes)
- be well-dressed and groomed
- have a normal sounding name (nothing too complicated/hard to pronounce)
- be understandable (in all forms of the word)
- sing, play piano, play guitar, or play some string instrument

Some of this is so ridiculous that it makes me laugh. Some of it is still pretty true. Some of it I think I may have been a smidge bit demanding. Anywho, I've decided to revise this list as I am back on the market (by the way, I really hate that phrase because it makes me feel like produce, but it's better than 'back in the saddle').

Christine's Boyfriend Requirements (2010 Edition):
- single
- straight
- male
- have brown or black hair
- be a music lover
- be a physically attractive person
- have a sense of humor
- be taller than me
- be in shape
- be an interesting person to talk to
- be intelligent
- respect women, especially treat his mother well
- be open minded
- have goals for himself
- care about me
- be honest with himself and others
- not have things that need to be fixed (this goes along with the common fact that I tend to date charity cases who either hate themselves, hate the world, or have mental health issues)
- have confidence
- be a fun person to spend time with
- take initiative

I guess you could say that I've upped the ante, but that's the point of dating different people. You're supposed to date people so you know what's important to you in a relationship and what isn't. If you constantly date the same types of people (*shifty eyes*) you're never going to know what you're missing out on.

Moving on... to today's special edition of SLIGHTLY INTOXICATED NAUGHTY HAIKU!

You may notice that this isn't in the usual black and white color scheme. I wrote this particular NAUGHTY HAIKU at Jackie's house last night at approximately 1:30 AM. Different words, different phrases, I had a good time. I'm not entirely sure what the bit about being a bigger boat is really getting at... maybe it's a reference to being the town bicycle? Go sniff some glue after smoking some feelings and let me know!

~Christine

2 comments:

  1. i love this naughty haiku!!
    um ps your buffalo chicken dip did things to me that i didnt like. i feel taken advantage of :( lmao!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygoodness, you need to develop a stronger stomach, woman! It never did things to the girls at UD... then again we all did serious damage to our stomachs at UD by drinking all that Beast, lol.

    I could totally go for another tray of that shiz right now. om nom nom!

    ReplyDelete