Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy 1000th Blog View To Me!

I am slightly ashamed to report that the 1000th view of this blog (since I put in that counter thing a few months back) was me. Womp womp. So maybe I'm just a smidge narcissistic. (Side note: Why does the spell-checker in Google Chrome suck so much? First it doesn't know 'texting' and now 'smidge'?) Anywhoodles, happy day to me!

Actually, today hasn't been particularly happy. It was a Monday, so dock about 25 fun points right there. Plus, work has gone from dull to so boring that I contemplate ways to pluck out my eyeballs as "S.O.S." by Rihanna is stuck in my head for 7 of the 8 hours of work. The first hour of work I was too tired to have songs stuck in my head. Also, the idiot who sits next to me might get a taste of Heinous Bitch if he doesn't stop butting into other people's business. This morning I thought he was going to start a fight with the old man who sits in front of him. FOR REAL HE IS A SENIOR CITIZEN. LET IT GO! The worst part is that the old man was right in what they were arguing about. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's bad that this argument didn't even need to happen! Just because you used to be a calculus teacher, doesn't mean that you know shit now, Mr. Smartypants!

Sorry, but I don't have a NAUGHTY HAIKU for you all today. I just spent over an hour on the phone with my friend Ashley from UD, and I want to watch last night's episode of Army Wives before I have to go to bed at my old lady bedtime. So in short, Ashley+Army Wives>NAUGHTY HAIKU.

I'm still on the fence about what I want to do with the online dating profile thing. I really don't like getting messages from the guys on it, so that's a pretty good sign, right? I just wish things were as simple as they were in junior high. How do grown-ups date or meet people? I don't even know. I wish McGee was real.

On that note, what the cul-de-sac is up with the NCIS cast not all renewing their contracts in a timely fashion? At least David McCallum and Michael Weatherly are back on for next year, but I swear on Gibbs' boat, if Sean Murray and Pauley Perrette don't come back next year, I will be making a visit to their abodes when I'm in LA this summer. Actually, no I won't, on the rare chance that someone takes me seriously. I'm not a stalker, I promise. BUT I WILL BE FREAKING PISSED. The only possible way that I would forgive them if they actually start dating again before this season is over. I think the writers are setting that up nicely, based on last week's polygraph lady episode. I think I've already said this recently in a post. FACK.

Next topic: My Facebook purge! It's been a weird little experiment. I'm apparently not as addicted to it as I thought I once was because it's only been here or there that I've wanted to get on it. Yesterday was pretty rough, I will admit. The key to not being on Facebook is just to be busier. I'm trying to think about what I did online before Facebook, and the only things I can remember are Xanga/LiveJournal and chatting to people on AIM, but who does any of those things anymore? No one. Everyone's all about the GChat (which not many of my close friends have or use) or the Facebook Chat (which lord knows why because the little experience I've had with it has been glitchy). So I've found other outlets to kill my time. Obviously, blogging. I've also become a big fan of an online community where you can give people advice. It's fun and I'm decent at it. I've also been Tweeting more, though not as much as I expected. I love Twitter because it's how I find out things with celebrities, but not as many of my friends have jumped on the Tweetwagon like I have. Also, one of the things that I miss about Facebook is not knowing things. You have to understand that I HATE HATE HATE being left out, and unless I'm with people, I am always going to be out of the loop. Even if it doesn't directly involve me, I don't like not knowing what's going on. You could call it 'nosy', or if you're not a heinous bitch, you could also call it 'concerned'. I've been this way since I was a baby. Honest to Pete, the reason why I didn't nap as a baby was because I didn't want to miss out on stuff. When I went to preschool, my mom had to lie to me and tell me that when I left, she didn't do anything (she also had to do that with my brother because he's a mama's boy!). So yes, I miss knowing things.

Interesting concept: replacing the phone ringing at the beginning of "The Call" by the Backstreet Boys with a thunderclap. It just happened to me by coincidence (my Weather Channel desktop just alerted me of approaching severe dunderstorms!), and it gives the song a whole new edge. I love it!

Okay, now I really am going to go watch Army Wives! I'm so excited for an episode that hopefully isn't so Lenore/Claudia Joy-centric. I love Claudia Joy, but I don't like the rivalry plot that she always seems to become tangled (and then ever-so-gracefully untangled) in. OH MY GOD I DON'T KNOW HOW TO END THIS POST. FACK, AGAIN I SAY, FACK!

~Christine

3 comments:

  1. lemme know what you thought of army wives. we all (and by that i mean the girls on the board lol) thought it was kinda boring. namely trevors little storyline *yawn*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that the Sara Elizabeth birthday story was cute, and I like the idea of CJ going back to law school, but there was not enough Denise and where the hell did Frank go? Yeah, Trevor (and Roxy) bothers me most of the time anyway, but that whole thing with Martinez was wimpy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just to see if I can comment anonymously... yup, it works, Hilary! :D

    ReplyDelete