My BlogMonth is almost over! It's weird, because I didn't think that so much would happen in one month, but May is always busy, so I guess that's dumb.
I should just keep an ongoing list of things that bother me... it seems like every day I find new things to hate on. I'm really not in a down mood, but there are a whole bunch of dumb people out there. I don't feel like processing actual thoughts, so I'm just going to make a list!
Christine's List of Things That Bother Her (in no particular order):
- People who don't use their turn signals.
- People who CONSTANTLY "forget" to put up an away message/say they're busy when they're busy or not at their computer.
- People who don't know how to drive down my street. Yes, it curves. No, you don't need to use your turn signal to draw attention to the fact that the road curves.
- People who won't listen to you when you're trying to tell them something and then expect you to bend over backwards to help them out.
- Ke$ha.
- The dollar sign in Ke$ha's name. Come on, there is no way that makes any sense at all, you idiot.
- People who are bad at estimating time. "Oh, that was just a few minutes ago!" when it was actually 3 hours earlier.
- People who insist that you haven't tried something when you say you don't like it. Trust me, I've been force fed green beans enough time in my life to know that they are nasty.
- People who think that they're funny when they're actually rude/mean/nasty/racist/sexist/genderist/ignorant.
That reminds me...
And now, a rant about Team Umizoomi!
For anyone who doesn't frequently hang out with preschoolers, Team Umizoomi is a show on Nick Jr. that focuses on building basic math skills and problem solving. Normally, I am all about those things, especially with little kids because let's face it, when it comes to math and science, America sucks. Anyway, here's a video of their opening, so you can get a feel for what it's like:
All in all, it's not a bad show. But there's a couple of things that bother me. First off, the little girl is the one who has the ability to change the design on her clothes to reflect other designs and patterns, like from going to polka dots to flowers. Why can't the little boy do that? Also, the little boy has a tool belt with shapes on it that he can use to build things that they need to solve whatever mission they're on. Why can't the little girl do that? The last thing that bothers me isn't quite as big as the first two, but it's still a teeny issue. The third character, that green robot thing, has what they call a "belly screen" that they use to watch videos of people who need their help. Besides the fact that this is a little weird, it's also making a teeny tiny crack at middle aged men. The robot is obviously older than the other two, and he's voiced by a middle aged man. So are they trying to insinuate that middle aged men have big bellies? He even sticks out his gut and wiggles it around when he's getting as message. Other than the gender/age issues, the show is halfway decent, and like I said before, we need better math skills in this country as a whole. I guess nothing's as perfect as Sesame Street.
Mmm.... I'm getting tired. It's been a long day of babysitting 1 year old twins. They were a lot of fun, but wow were they exhausting! I don't know how their parents do it all the time. Then I had to work more on Katie's slideshow for her graduation party. Holy crap, that thing is a beast! I've done the years 1995-2002, and my mom did 1992-1994. So far we're pushing 300 pictures, and you know that as time goes on, there's more pictures in each year, especially once we got digital cameras in my family! Guess what I'm working on tomorrow...
~ Christine
No comments:
Post a Comment