Thursday, April 9, 2009

I love airports! (sometimes)

I'm presently sitting at my gate in the Denver airport, entirely too early, since my flight doesn't leave for another 2 hours and I'm already through security. I have to say, this airport is pretty nice, since it has a nifty little train that takes you to the different concourses. The nifty little train also plays a little jazzy piano thing when the doors are closing. And it gives you attitude and makes you feel guilty if you try to run onto the train at the last minute and the doors close on you. I believe it says something along the lines of "The doors are closing. YOU are preventing this train and its passengers from leaving on time." It's a little scary. It also has nice cushy leather armchairs by the gates with electrical outlets to plug in lappys. However, the internet here sucks! At the Indianapolis airport, I had to sit at a bar on a stool to plug in my laptop, which wasn't very comfortable, but at least my internet worked! Here, I waited for almost five minutes for Facebook to load. And here, there's an annoying bar at the top of my internet page where I can search the Denver International Airport for flights or shops. Um, there's a big screen to the left of me that lists all flights. And who honestly goes to the airport for shops? If there's not something by your gate that you like, walk about 100 feet and there will be something else. Dur.

Anyway, I had an awesome time in Denver with Bill. This trip was a little less tourist activities, which was nice. We went up to Estes Park for a day and a half, and that was great to get out of the city for a bit. I took some amazing pictures of nature things up there. I'll post some pictures here, but they'll all be up on Facebook in short order, since all 4 of you who follow this are also my friends on Facebook.

Hmmm... change of plans. The whole posting pictures thing doesn't seem to be working too well with a crappy internet connection. I guess you'll have to look on Facebook. Maybe the crappy internet will let me post to Facebook? We'll see... I still have awhile before my flight leaves!

- Christine

1 comment:

  1. "I'll post some pictures here, but they'll all be up on Facebook in short order, since all 4 of you who follow this are also my friends on Facebook."

    technically, its all 3 of us, bc i follow you on both of my blogs ;) lol

    ReplyDelete