Wednesday, May 4, 2011

grumpy gills

I don't even know where to begin, so I'll just jump in with what's currently bothering me.

I. FUCKING. HURT.

As of yesterday, I can't take any medicine because I'm within 10 days of my sinus surgery. And thanks to the lovely weather we've been having, the pressure changes have been absolutely killing my face/head and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. Plus, I managed to injure my foot walking around Case Western yesterday, and the drive from hell from Cleveland back home last night hurt my back and hands. The rain was so awful, I was fighting to A. See the road and B. Stay on the road. Other than soaking in a vat of Ben-Gay (which doesn't sound like my smartest idea) I can't do anything.

The suckiest part of this is that now that I'm done with school, I was planning on having fun for the 12 days between my surgery and when I finished school. I have NOT had a very fun semester. I made more of an effort earlier in the semester to hang out with friends once a week, but it got to the point where I was killing myself trying to get everything done, and in the weeks since the Eastern Trip, my sinuses have gotten significantly worse. This surgery was definitely the right choice. Anyway, between tons of school and feeling like shit, I haven't felt like being social. In fact, most days I don't feel like getting out of bed. Now that school's off of my plate, I just have to deal with feeling lousy, which wouldn't be so bad if this was last week and I could take medicine. I don't want to do anything. Somehow, I've managed to convince myself that if I just sit still long enough, the pain will go away. I don't know if this would work or not, but I don't have the option of trying it out until next Monday because that's the first day since school ended this past Saturday that I don't have anything to do.

Alright, I'm going to go hide from the world.

~Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment