Hi all,
This is the second time I've tried to write this, but I keep getting distracted. Anyway, I'm back! And I'm about to leave again! This time I'm off to SoCal with my family. It'll be fun... we haven't had a true blue family vacay since the Boston Debacle of 2008 in Which Katie Became Very Ill and We Spent a Day of Our Trip in the Hospital. I'm not counting last year's trip as a real family vacation, although we did see (more) family, but it was just for a weekend.
There have been a lot of things bothering me recently. A lot of people in my life are changing and I don't like it. Personality traits that I used to admire are quickly being replaced with unappealing traits and I'm starting to feel like the number of good people is shrinking. Other people are making bad choices that I can't do anything about and I hate it. Honestly, this vacation could not have come at a better time. I need time away from almost all of the people in my life, and if I force myself to be around people when I don't want to be, I will destroy my relationships with them.
And now... quotes!
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten."
"You are now at a crossroads. This is your opportunity to make the most important decision you've ever made. Forget your past. Who are you now? Who have you decided you really are now? Don't think about who you have been. Who are you now? Who have you decided to become? Make this decision consciously. Make it carefully. Make it powerfully."
"If you don't set a baseline standard for what you'll accept in life, you'll find it's easy to slip into behaviors and attitudes or a quality of life that's far below what you deserve."
- Anthony Robbins
In other news, I bought a new mouse for my computer that actually works 100% of the time... so yay!
OH! And this is really exciting for me and maybe 3 other people, but when we're flying tomorrow we get DirectTV on the headrests on the plane because we got some special ticket through Frontier AND one of the channels that we get is USA AND there's an NCIS marathon on all day tomorrow starting at 6 AM and we have a 6:30 AM flight! *wiggles*
I just turned on Sticky Keys on my lappy by accident. What the hell are Sticky Keys and couldn't they come up with a not so disgusting name for it?
~ Christine
No comments:
Post a Comment