"A lady doesn't wander all over the room and blow on some other guy's dice." - Luck Be A Lady
Yes, I'm listening to the Broadway Showtunes station on Pandora. Sometimes I just need a healthy dose of cheese and pep to make me feel better, hokay? NO JUDGING.
On to more important matters. What/who is Howdy Doody? The only time I've heard of him was in a super depressing episode of Full House. You know, the one where Stephanie and Michelle have a neighborhood dog show and DJ volunteers at a nursing home where she's buddied up with a guy who has Alzheimer's (except she doesn't know it because he tells her he feels perfectly fine.) So she busts him out of the home (rebel rouser!) to take him to the dog show. Except then he has an 'episode' and thinks that DJ is his own daughter in her teenage years and he lectures her that if she doesn't do her homework (or something) she can't watch Howdy Doody. To which DJ replies, "Howdy Doody? That was on before I was born!"
(Just you wait, Henry Higgins, just you wait!- is playing now and I LOVE My Fair Lady)
Luckily, a nurse from the nursing home figures out where the old guy went and tracks him down at the Tanner home. Except this is also the episode where Becky makes Jesse wear the maternity belly so he could feel what she was going through, so the old man starts rambling about the dog show and seeing a pregnant man. And then he's promptly wisked away by the nurse.
The scariest part of all of this is that I haven't seen that episode in years. Think that's bad? My sister has more episodes memorized than I do. She used to walk around the house reciting lines from the show. Not just little bits, but full out monologues.
("Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" from Phantom of the Opera just came on, and now I have goosebumps. Also, listening to the lyrics made me realize that they're REALLY sad and entirely about death. Boo.)
Have you ever wondered if mock turtlenecks actually feel self-righteous when they see real turtlenecks? (Beauty and the Beast just came on... seriously, how has it taken me so long to find this station??) I can totally picture a mock turtleneck saying to a turtleneck, "Haha, look at you, you have to be CUFFED you pansy!"
I'm drinking milk. Not rum. I promise.
Based on interviews I've seen with her, I feel like Cote de Pablo and I would be besties if we were to meet. She's quirky and giggly, like me! I think I would be intimidated by Pauley Perrette. She seems awesome, but she's so politically charged, I would be afraid to say something ignorant around her. Let's face it, I don't like politics. There are certain issues that I am enthusiastic about, and at least gay rights is one of those that we have in common, but I think she knows so much more about it than I do. Michael Weatherly seems like a really fun guy to know. I've read that the producer-types have to remind him that he has to take some things seriously. Fun in a social setting, but I don't know that I'd like to work with someone like that. Sean Murray on the other hand seems to take everything TOO seriously! I saw some behind-the-scenes pictures from an upcoming episode of NCIS where Pauley, Cote, Michael, and Sean are all sitting on the floor of Abby's lab with an evidence box and they're clearly not in character. Pauley, Cote, and Michael are all cracking up about something, and Sean's just sitting there like, "Get me out of here!" Womp womp.
Oh man, Pandora is letting me down right now. I hate that I can't skip more than 5 songs. So just for kicks, I'm switching to the disco station... "Night Fever" is the first thing that came up. Ha.
I'm sorry I dragged you people through this trainwreck of an entry. My life is just too bizarre for words sometimes. Which is why I ramble.
OH! Today my mom and I spent about 20 minutes discussing if I was the "Willis" from "Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?". Most of this was spent with us giggling because my mom pointed out that after awhile, the name Willis starts to sound funny. Then she left to go take a shower, and I got a text from her that just said "WILLIS!" I live on a funny farm.
I wish that when I was in college, I looked like the girls on Greek. Seriously, what college did the producer-types visit where EVERY girl was no bigger than a size six? And even the 'ugly' girls are still very attractive. I'm not saying that UD girls are all fat cows, but we're a healthy mix. And where do they get all their money? I understand some of them are rich (Rebecca Logan... biotch!) but what about the Cartwrights? Casey spends a lot of money and she has a lot of stuff, and no job! What the heck?
I can't tell if I'm too tired to watch an episode of Greek or not. Now that I'm home and we have ABC Family, I've become hooked on it again, but I missed almost every episode from the first two seasons, so I'm playing catch up by watching them online.
The disco music is really mellowing me out... isn't that the opposite of what it's supposed to do?
~Christine
ooooh bestie, i think i love you XD this entry just made my day lol
ReplyDelete