Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm not calling you a liar, just don't lie to me



I think it's safe to say that I've been blindsided. I really did think that I could actually believe what was told to me by a guy, but instead every stereotype about men being pigs has been proven true once again.

Not once did I force him into sticking around. He chose that willingly. To me, this should be simple. If you like a girl, you continue talking to her. If you don't like her, you tell her that the feeling's gone and then you move on. You DON'T lead her on for almost five months and you DON'T act like a fucking coward and hide when the day before you were still texting about getting home from work. Which brings up another point: Why the hell would you text someone every single day telling them that you made it home from work? Especially when you're not in a relationship and you have no intention of being in a relationship? All that does is lead me on. Don't act like a boyfriend if you don't want to be one.

Want to know why you've spent the last four New Year's Eves alone? Because you don't communicate. Not because you're shy. Not because you seem to have it in your head that no one takes you seriously. Because I fucking took you way too seriously. No, it's as simple as you have no FUCKING clue how to talk to people. And don't even attempt to trick more women into thinking that you're a victimized, nerdy, shy guy. The only person victimizing you is you. So stop it. No woman wants to date a nonstop pity party. It's really not a hard concept. Get over yourself and be interested in the other person. Respond to questions with more than one word. Or if you're feeling really crazy, a follow-up question!

Now that I've been defriended (and I seriously doubt that this blog is actually being read by the person it's intended for), I feel safe in confessing a few things. First of all, as I've said before, I had zero interest in dating someone when you first messaged me. None. So go ahead and feel guilty because now I've spent the last five months of my life pining after someone who never even deserved my attention in the first place. Second, when I found you on Facebook, I thought you were retarded. Erm, "mentally disabled." Yup. Your pictures on OkCupid were SO misleading that when I saw your Facebook profile, I thought that Toby Keith was rubbing the head of some retarded kid who won a contest or got pity from a celebrity who needed a cause to back for better PR. So way to go, the suave guy wearing a fedora turned into the retarded kid earning pity from a washed-out celeb. Again, not what women want.

I think the part that bothers me the most in all of this is that you claimed to be an honest person who would always tell me the truth. I gave you so many chances to back out and say no, and you never took them. WHY THE FUCK NOT? I would have been mad and hurt, sure. But if you had just said back in November after our date that you weren't that interested (like I'm sure you weren't by then) I could have had the last two months of my life without you taking up mental space. You lied, and you led me on for months! Do you honestly think I want to look back at the first semester of grad school and see myself wasting hours on end texting and talking on the phone with someone who didn't even have the decency to be honest with me? By lying (and lying for so long), you are essentially telling me that I don't matter enough in your eyes to hear what you actually think. I WOULD HAVE FUCKING LISTENED TO YOU IF YOU WOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING WORTHWHILE. But when the only thing you can talk about is a bunch of small talk, and we've "known" each other for five months, there's something wrong. At the five month mark, you're supposed to be swoony and adorable. Not creating a new secret profile on OkCupid. Do you think I wouldn't see it? I'm not an idiot. Which is why I don't care that I'm burning this bridge. I don't build bridges with lying assholes who have self confidence and communication issues.

~ Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment