Saturday, July 24, 2010

ZEEVAH!

Hi.

I realize I just made an entry about 2 hours ago, but I'm now dependent on NyQuil to sleep and I didn't take it because I got tired of it making me feel drowsy (oh the irony). Plus, I didn't move around much today because it was friggin hot outside and I'm sickily. So while I laid in bed, doing scissor kicks and re-watching Covert Affairs, I contemplated my Halloween costume because dammit, last year's Halloween SUCKED and I am determined to be having fun this year.

For awhile now, I've known that I've wanted to dress up as one of the lovely ladies of NCIS. Slim pickings, seeing as Kate, Jenny, Paula Cassidy, and Special Agent Lee are dead, Jeanne is a bitch and has been off the radar for years, ditto for Lt. Col. Mann, and I really hate M. Allison Hart. It really is a man's world. So that pretty much leaves Abby and Ziva. I momentarily thought about being Kate at the end of Season 2:














... but that seems a little tacky, and kinda messy.

I really would love to be Abby... it would basically be a shopping trip to Hot Topic, plus a lab coat and some black hair dye. But she has those blunt cut bangs.

















Awesome on her. Not so awesome on me. I had that hair cut until after I made my First Communion in second grade. Bangs don't grow on part of my head because of a cowlick. That hair cut was NOT a good one for me. However my sister has had this haircut for over a year now, and looks darling in it. Therefore, I nominate Katie as Abby Sciuto for Halloween!

This leaves me with Ziver. I love Ziva, but she kicks ass about a million times better than I do. Still, I can pull off a widow's peak better than bangs, so I'm choosing Ziva as my Halloween costume. This is where you come in. Through the years, Ziva has had many interesting looks. I don't know which one to pick! Let's rule out this one right now though:


















Good for CdP for having that kind of self-esteem, but I don't. Next!

First we have the classic "Crime Scene Ziva": (don't tell her, but this sounds like a Barbie)


















Very simple. I would probably skip the camera (since I don't have that kind of money) and add the hat, as scene in this picture:

















This would probably also require the purchase of khaki pants and some sort of sturdy looking shoe or boot. Also, pretty much all of these would include a Star of David necklace, since Ziva says that she would never take it off.

Next is an earlier Ziva. Ziva mourning (ish) the loss of the dead man walking:











This is literally the only picture of this I could find. Anyway, it would be basic Ziva, but with an orange beanie and slightly frizzier hair.

Next is a little more along the lines of a typical Halloween costume. Ziva after spending a "fabulous" summer in Somalia:











Nice and gory! The problem with this is that I don't think enough people would get it. Plus I would have a La Loca Mean Girls moment where she shows up to the Halloween party as an "ex-wife" and scares the crap out of cute boys. No thanks. I don't need any help there! Still, with all of the fake gore stuff for sale around Halloween, this wouldn't be too hard to do.

I thought about the Ugly Sweater Ziva, but I can't find a picture of it and I'm starting to get a LEETLE bit sleepy now. Night!

~ Christine

4 comments:

  1. i think you could pull off abby!! just buy a black wig - that way you dont have to cut OR dye your hair!
    but if not then id have to go with classic Crime Scene Ziva, i think it would be the most recognizable to people (especially with the ncis hat).

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps i have decided to be a bellydancer for halloween. i mean it just seems the obvious choice XD lol. umm what are we doing for halloween btw? it has to be epic, last halloween sucked. seeing as i did nothing but sit around the apartment wishing i wasnt in NC lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh! I hadn't thought about the wig. I'm going to have to look into that and do price comparisons for Abby vs. Ziva.

    I have no idea what we're doing, but I agree that this year must suck less since last year I ended up being excluded from all plans. :( I sat around my house... probably watching Army Wives or NCIS. Lameness.

    Bellydancer is perfect for you!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. im so exciteddd!!! i keep thinking about my costume lol. i will DEFINITELY be wearing the pretty skirt i posted on my blog! i pretty much already have the entire costume, i just have to actually get the skirt, possibly borrow lizs black harem pants, and figure out what to do for a belt. i have the top, i have hair things, i have jewelry...EXCITEMENT!!! XD

    ReplyDelete