Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends

Hi.

I've been a bad blogger. Honestly, I haven't had anything to write about. I could write about some of my babysitting adventures, but I haven't had a sit since last Friday. I realized today when I went to pick up Katie at school that I hadn't left the house since I got home from babysitting last Friday. Yeah. That's five days without leaving the house. I didn't even make it to Mass. And the scary part is that it didn't phase me at all. I guess when I want to leave, I want to go somewhere fantastic, which isn't Worthington, Ohio in early February. Oh well. I have a job again tomorrow morning. For the first time a family actually requested me! It's like I've made it to the other side. Too bad it's at 8:30 in the morning and it's half an hour away when it isn't rush hour traffic. But it's money, and I need money, I guess. Sometimes I wish bartering was still around. Like, here grad school, take this chicken as payment! Here you go evil student loan people, I have about 262,384,049 articles of clothing that don't fit and my sister has deemed 'uncool'!

This had a point, I promise.

Actually, who am I kidding? There's no point to this. I contemplated for about half a second making a productive entry about my favorite black people (because let's face it, sometimes I just want to join the club!) but in the end, that just seems like too much work and I want to be asleep before midnight so I don't show angry Christine to the kiddies tomorrow.

I really should get in the practice of waking up early again. But when you can't get to sleep until 2:30 AM, it's very hard. Last summer, I woke up at 10 if I worked at noon, and if I worked at 8 AM, I woke up at 7 and ate breakfast at work. Then when I moved home, I was waking up at about 9. But gradually 9 became 9:30 and today it wasn't until 10 that I could drag my sorry ass out of bed. My mom I guess woke me up, reminded me to get up, took a shower, checked on me again, and I had fallen back asleep. And last night was an early bedtime of 1:30! Also, it's hard for me to sleep now without listening to the thunderstorm track I have on my iTunes. Yup, I'm cool.

I know what I can do to make this productive! I'm going to make a list of the people I will need to employ if I want to fix everything that is wrong in my life!

Christine's List of "Special Helpers"
1. Personal Trainer - Yes, while I did in fact lose one whole pound this week (no clue how), I still have about a million pounds to go until I like myself again. And I don't think I'm fat enough to go on The Biggest Loser.

2. Professional Organizer - While I can maintain an organized space, organizing 11 years of crap is not something I can do. I'm not even sure what exactly is on one side of my closet because I haven't been able to get to it since before I went to college. Plus I bet my parents would love to be able to park their van in the garage again.

3. Therapist - I'm totally not past that mental breakdown point. I just cry now. Half the time I'm not even sure why. And while it's not just me in my family, I am probably one of the bigger culprits of acting insane. By insane I mean that I go from being ridonkulous to sobbing in 2.5 seconds. Methinks there's an issue here.

4. Life Coach - So I know now that I want to be a librarian, but I still feel like I need a little bit of guidance in this department. Basically I've lost the ability to have any confidence in the decisions I make, and I need CONSTANT reassurance that I made the right choice. Let's face it, so far my track record hasn't been great. I picked a major based on an activity I enjoyed in high school and a preconcieved notion that I would oust Mr. Renzi of a job. Then I dated the same guy for entirely too long because I was afraid that my family would be mad at me after dumping him a second time (because I distinctly remember them being upset with me after dumping him the first time). So if someone could help me see what I'm supposed to be doing with my life, that would be great. Maybe I could take up crafts, just like Paris Gellar.

5. Stylist - I can't buy clothes for myself. There. I said it. I can pick out clothes for other people with no problem, but when it comes to myself, I always resort to the same old tired looks. I have zero creativity in my outfits. Also, I don't do much with my hair. I now consider it to be an effort if I have to blow dry it all the way, so I just do a half-assed job. Sometimes I'll straighten it. If I'm feeling spunky. Perhaps the stylist and the professional organizer can team up and help me get rid of all of the crappy clothes/shoes I've accumulated through the years.

I suppose that finding a sugar daddy should also be on this list so I can pay for all these people, but I have a funny feeling that Ms. Life Coach wouldnt' approve.

~Christine

3 comments:

  1. oh bestie, i just want to give you a hug :(

    ive been having trouble with the whole waking up early thing too. i just dont get tired until around 2, and end up sleeping til noon. which in high school was awesome, but now i just HATE wasting half the day. ive been setting the alarm on my phone for 9 every morning, so far its working. and youre not the only one who listens to something to fall asleep...currently ive got william ackermans "hearing voices" on every night. its sooo relaxing.

    also right there with ya on the hair. although its easier now that it only takes 5 min instead of half an hour to dry lol, for the past few months i was lucky if i brushed it after taking a shower. mostly id just towel dry it and throw it up in a ponytail. word of advice: if you have hair as long as mine was and dont brush it for a week, it makes it painfully hard to brush when you finally decide to >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget gay!! Remember you said you wanted to be a gay black dude cause then you get to be in two special clubs lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sugar daddy is right. We both know that I'm not going to be in that position for some time.

    ReplyDelete