Thursday, February 11, 2010

this one's a rambler! reel her in!

Hi all,

At the incessant prodding of my dearlingest, darlingest younger sister, I'm writing again in the same week! Woo! I thought about making an organized entry about each of the links on the side, but I've decided that you should just look at them because they're all awesome. 'Nuff said.

And then she turns off of the road of normalcy and onto the foottrail of insanity...

Hi again! Time for some rambling! So here's the dillyo: remember about a week ago when I said that I needed to hire to people to fix my life? It turns out that my sister actually has some of those people. We were talking earlier and we noticed that we both refer to our doctors by the body parts they fix (Dr. Tummy, Dr. Brain, Dr. Foot, Dr. Vagina, etc.). I mean really, who has the time to keep track of their names? You know what they need to fix and generally as they're poking and prodding at that body part, you remember what they look like. So even though my podiatrist's name is Dr. Mehl, he will always be Dr. Foot to me because I remember the intense amount of pain he caused my foot. Yes, I have a podiatrist. Yes, I am quite possibly the youngest patient in that office. No, I am not a Golden Buckeye. Katie also pointed out that when she refers to Dr. Brain as Dr. Brain to people outside our family, they think she's insane. She's not insane (at least not from that.... HAHAHA I LUFF YOU PUGGLE!), but about a year and a half ago she was diagnosed with intercranial hypertension aka pseudotumors. Basically the pressure in her brain is off and it builds up in certain areas (like in her case, on her optical nerve) and it causes the brain to think that it has tumors. Fun stuff.

Why do I feel like I'm constantly blogging about doctors? I feel like my Grandma. I know! I'll tell you all about my experience with the other end of the spectrum of life today! I babysat the world's cutest baby! I love how babies smell. It's like formula and powder and laundry detergent all rolled into one chubby package. As much as I like the preschool age, babies are a thousand times easier in some ways. Also, girls>boys. BY FAR. I hope I don't have more than one boy someday when I grow up. They are rambunctious and they always want to take off their clothes. I don't understand that one. Little girls never want to show off their privates. It's like males are chemically told to boast about their (little) man bits from an early age. Therefore, boys are dumb. GIRL POWER!

I love HGTV. I don't know if I've mentioned that before, but I could (and have) watch(ed) that channel for hours on end. I love love love House Hunters, especially when it's rich Southerners. I've decided that if I can't be black, I want to be a rich Southerner. I want to live in a giant house in Mobile or San Antonio or Atlanta and I want to sit in my air conditioned bonus room and drink a mint julep while I watch the kiddies play in the pool. Actually, HGTV is good when I'm babysitting too, because if the kids wake up and wander down to the room where the TV is, I never run a risk of there being something not appropriate for them to see/hear. Honestly, is there any show on MTV or E! that's below TV-14? Doubtful. But with HGTV, I'm learning life skills (like that wallpaper and paint can be easily fixed, but it's much more difficult to add on another room) and I get to look at pretty houses while I'm in a pretty house! Houses have always fascinated me. When I was little, I would draw out floorplans on drawing paper, even showing where the furniture would go. And look at me playing The Sims 1, 2, and 3 for the last decade! My favorite part (other than torturing people) is building and decorating houses!

I feel like this is a sufficient post to satisy Katie's bitching. Plus, my sketchy-ass internet has died on me about four times while writing this, so I'm going to go now before I lose my ramblings. Wouldn't that be sad, right? RIGHT?

~Christine

2 comments:

  1. 1) LMAO at dr. vagina!!
    2) girl power FTW!
    3) while it sounds idyllic and romantic and whatnot, living in the south sucks. take it from me and stay up north. visit if you must, but for godsakes dont live down here lol
    4) youve gotta change your background sometime soon lol. the white-on-black is giving me a headache...its that whole thing where if you stare at it long enough and then look away you see the opposite colors...know what im talking about? like after i read your blog ill look off the screen and i see black and white stripes. its bad lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah!!! I never noticed that Brenda!! lol everything is so stripey haha

    ReplyDelete