Wednesday, July 22, 2009

*blink*

I did this when Uncle Bill died, so now I'm going to do it again.

Lorraine Marie O'Donnell
O'DONNELL Lorraine Marie O'Donnell, age 84, of Grove City, passed away Friday, July 17, 2009 at Riverside Methodist Hospital. Lorraine was a member of Bethel Lutheran Church, and was a well known piano teacher in Grove City. She worked in Washington D.C. for the Navy Dept. during WW II. She cherished her role as a loving wife, mother and grandmother. Preceded in death by her daughter Bridget A. O'Donnell. Lorraine was survived by her husband of 52 years, Neil O'Donnell; son, Tim (Sue) O'Donnell; daughters, Erin (Dan) Stout and Amy Brotherton; brother, John Nigon; and her grandchildren, Amanda and Danny Stout, Megan, Emily and Katie Brotherton, Christine, Mike and Katie O'Donnell; nieces, nephews and dear friends. Friends may visit on Sunday from 2-5 p.m. at THE SPENCE-MILLER FUNERAL HOME, 2697 Columbus St., Grove City. Funeral service will be held 11 a.m. Monday at Bethel Lutheran Church, 4501 Hoover Rd., Grove City. Pastor Peter Ray officiating. Interment Concord Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to Bethel Lutheran Church in Lorraine's memory. Online guestbook at http://www.spencemillerfuneralhome.com/

Okay, now that that's over with... just when you think things couldn't get any worse, they probably will. Remember that.

Monday evening after we came home from Nana's funeral, we got a call from my Grandma saying that my Grandpa had fallen down the basement stairs and was unconscious. Presently, he's in the ICU with a broken neck. The good news is that he didn't have a stroke like the originally suspected. The bad news is that he broke the top two vertebrae in his neck, and things aren't looking good for him to be mobile again. It's not impossible, but at his age, it's unlikely. He's got a huge gash in his head, and he's on a ventilator. Needless to say, things are pretty tense in my family right now. So again, if you're a praying person, please pray for us. And if you're not... think good thoughts.

Throughout all of this, I almost forgot the REALLY good news! Bill got the job in Dayton! Yaaay! I really am happy for him, but I'm not doing well with feelings right now, and if I wasn't so upset about everything else, I'm sure I'd be much happier. There are only so many feelings a girl can handle at once.

Did you know that you can hurt your eyes from crying too much? I've experienced it firsthand. Thankfully, I haven't cried yet today, but I said that yesterday and then I came home from visting Grandpa in the hospital and I sobbed for a good ten minutes. I'm tired all the time. Not even kidding, all I've done since 12:15 today is watch NCIS. Thanks to Katie, it's my new obsession. It's actually a pretty strange show for someone who's just buried a grandmother to enjoy so much... about every case involves a dead person. But somehow, it's helping me. It's so involved and intense that it keeps my mind off of things. It's also helpful that I've developed a bit of a crush of McGee. It's that whole hot nerd computer thing. Reminds me of Bill. I'm watching the episodes online in order, but there's been a marathon on USA all day today. It's like a double dose!

I need to eat... I haven't had an appetite yet, but I still get queasy if I don't eat.

- Christine

1 comment: