Sorry about vanishing there for a bit. I got caught up with job applications (no luck) and finals and stuff. But I'm back now!
So as you probably know, I am an avid fan of Jon and Kate Plus 8. That being said, I want the show to go off the air. In tonight's episode, Kate mentioned that she thinks that their divorce would have happened with or without the show. Since she's the one in that relationship, and I'm not, I clearly don't have the background experience, but I have a feeling that it wouldn't have happened without the show. Take a look at their 2 hour TV specials they did before the show started, or at the first season of the show. There's so much love between Jon and Kate at that point! My other problem is that we never hear about them going to marriage counseling. They claimed to be Christian and yet they never mention talking to their minister and getting help. There's nothing wrong in trying to save your marriage. In any case, I feel really bad for those kids. Oh, and I am SICK of E! cashing in on the story. Just because you're an entertainment station, that doesn't give you the right to exploit a family. Ditto to the paparazzi. They probably didn't cause the divorce, but good God leave them alone! That's also why I want the show to go off the air. Some suffering doesn't need to be broadcast.
I guess this just goes to show that money can't buy happiness. Which is why I always choose poor and loved over rich and unhappy on those dumb survey things. I also think that they got married too young, a topic which spurred this blog many moons ago. Getting married at 22 might work out for some people, but it's so early in my opinion. I'm not saying I want to get married at 35 or anything, but you at least need to experience more of life, especially if you went to college, to know if this is really the person you want to be with. Besides, if they really love you, they'll wait... what's the rush? (again, this is on a situational basis... clearly if they're military or if the girl is pregnant, that's a different situation)
Saturday was supposed to be my wedding day, back when I was dating Jeremy. As freshmen in college, we had our lives all planned out. We would both graduate in May/June 2009, then get married on June 20th, 2009 because my grandparents' anniversary is the 21st and my parents' anniversary is the 22nd (today!) and the 20th just happened to fall on a Saturday this year. Now I know that planning four years in advance is foolish, especially with college. Turns out that neither of us graduated when we said we would, or stayed with the careers we wanted to have, and of course, we broke up at the beginning of junior year. Planning is good when you know who you are, what you want to do, and have gotten to experience life a little bit. I do want to get married... someday. Believe me, I am not in any way advocating that people live together as opposed to getting married. I think that's irresponsible.
In other news, Bill has an interview with Habitat for Humanity Columbus on Wednesday... so if you want me to stay in Ohio, cross your fingers!
~ Christine
crossing fingers!!
ReplyDeletelol although idk why, because in all likelihood ill be in nc for the next three years lol
ps i like how you added the "clearly if theyre military..." disclaimer ;) lol!