Words!
I'm not really sure what I put in my last entry. Probably not a good sign, but I'll just chalk it up to being super duper busy. Quick update on my lappy: It's STILL dead. I'm still waiting to hear back from the magical people who can recover data from broken hard drives. I'm also still waiting for Asus to resend me a new recovery disc. If I had known that it was going to take them this long, I would have saved myself the $60 and just hunted for it in my apartment in Kent (which I'll be back in for one night only on Thursday). Oh well. Live, learn, and back up your data! I might get that tattooed on my arm. Kidding.
Onto happier topics... I'm 24 now! Not so happy, but whatever. I'll fake it. I'm also having a lot of sinus pain, thanks to to weather being cold, then really warm, then cold and snowing and sleeting, then warm enough to melt the snow, then GIANT THUNDERSTORMS OF DOOM (and flooding), and now we're back to cold, but no snow. I kind of want to take the state of Ohio and slap it in the face like Katherine did to Casey on last week's episode of Greek. Pick a weather and stick with it! I can only use the steroid spray so often!
Now for an actual happy topic: I'm going to Boston in a week and a half! And now the creepers are checking their calendars... because the Eastern trip isn't for another two and a half weeks, and Boston's the end of that trip. Shock! Awe! Is it magic? HOW DOES SHE DO IT? I'm going with the Flyer Pep Band alumni to play at a couple of hockey games for Merrimack College. I know, right? That's totally wack! To be perfectly honest, I'm not entirely sure how this all has worked out, but I think the gist of it is that collegiate pep band directors do each other more favors than the mob. And the actual FPB is off at the A-10 tournament. So now I get to spend a weekend in Boston with some of my favorite people from UD, and I don't have to pay for it! Our flight is paid for, and so is our hotel. We may even get a daily food stipend, which would be the only thing I'd have to pay for. Of course, this isn't spring break for me or anything, so I'll still have to work on school stuff. My plan is to work my ass off before I leave so I won't have to do a lot while I'm gone, plus if I don't have my lappy back by then, I won't be able to work on stuff anyway! So I'm going to be SUPER duper busy again, but it's totally going to be worth it. If you tell me I get to travel, and I'll spend next to nothing, I'll go. Doesn't matter what I have to do, I'll go tap dance on Elvis' grave if I get to go somewhere!
The rabbit keeps glaring at me and yawning, so I should probably get to bed. In addition to getting all of my school crap done, I still have some stuff in Katie's room, plus I have a little bit of stuff to do in my own room too. In a way, not having my laptop right now is a blessing in disguise. I have very few distractions at the ready!
~ Christine
No comments:
Post a Comment