Thursday, April 22, 2010

puuuuuuuuuurge!

Today has been a day of purging. I purged my Facebook of unnecessary information. I purged my phone of old numbers belonging to people I don't like or don't talk to anymore. I purged my computer of over 20 GB of videos and pictures. I wanted to cut my hair, like I usually do after a break-up, but I've also been in a pissy mood today, and that's no time to make an important decision about a haircut. Anyway, it's been a cleansing sort of day. Clearly I still have some things to work out, but hey, that's what newly single girls do sometimes.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about what I want. The last time I was single, I made a list of what I want in a guy and I posted it on my wall. Ultimately, I sacrificed a lot of things on that list, and I really shouldn't have. I'm learning slowly that you can't change people. I read an article online somewhere (I honestly forget where, otherwise I would cite it!) that said that you will subconsciously learn the flaws in a person the first time you meet them, and you either have to deal with them or move on. Sometimes they're okay flaws, sometimes they're endearing flaws, and other times, they're flaws that really suck. So I'm working on my new list. I'm not entirely sure yet what's going to be on the list, but I'm not going to sacrifice as much as I have in the past.

And on a lighter note, we have a guest poet for today's NAUGHTY HAIKU! None other than my favorite momma, Mommalicious! She wandered into my room a few days ago and saw the previous NAUGHTY HAIKU I had written, and attempted to write her own. Here's what she came up with:


Yup. That's my momma! She didn't quite get the whole 5 syllables - 7 syllables - 5 syllables thing. But at least she tried!

~Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment