Wednesday, March 31, 2010

hail the sunshine!

I'm back from the expensive land known as the East Coast! Actually, I did very well with my money on this trip. I bought a few souvenirs, which I wasn't planning on doing originally, but it's really hard to go to NYC and not buy a t-shirt... or three. And I bought a shot glass from the Library of Congress in DC. I figure that as a future librarian, it could come in handy.

Speaking of, I found out while sitting in Cafe Dello Sport in Bahston that I got into Kent State! Yay! This means that I'm eligible to be considered for an assistantship. So that's a giant elephant off of my shoulders.

In other news, I thought that Gertie (my car) was fixed, and for not a lot of money either, but it turns out that she isn't. The check oil light problem is still going strong. Womp womp. So hopefully I can get her back to the shop soon because this is ridonkulous. I want to not be nervous every time I press on the brakes!

Oh yes, I got the okay from my doctor about my potential illness(es). But in the meantime I've developed an infection in my foot from walking around in the pouring rain in DC last week. Somebody has completely shit on my coats.

Today would have been my Grandpa's 84th birthday, so we're going to a memorial Mass for him tonight and then out to dinner. Yippee. Can you feel my enthusiasm? To be perfectly honest, I have enough emotions already, I don't need any more. At least it's gorgeous outside today. I've been bitten by the traveling bug already again, and I'm ready to go away somewhere. Never mind that I just got home on Sunday evening. Traveling is like crack for me. Except it doesn't normally make me skinny or give me night sweats. But yeah, springtime always makes me want to go places. I gotta be freeeeeeeee!

~Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment