Sunday, September 27, 2009

I'm a cracked out, fat, and depressing nerd!

I've been conducting my own little sleep study to see if what I eat and drink before bed affects the outcome of my dreams. Ever since my cracked-out safety town dream, I've been wondering if there was something I could do to stop it. It's still giving me the heebity-jeebitys.

What I Had Before Bed:
3 nights ago- glass of milk
2 nights ago- glass of milk and cookies
Last night- diet coke and a 100 calorie pack of Hostess cupcakes

What I Dreamed About:
3 nights ago- a friend of mine who just got married was extremely unhappy with her marriage (NOT true in the slightest, by the way) and she couldn't get all the lights in their apartment to turn off. Whenever she turned off one light, another would turn on.
2 nights ago- I was packing up my stuff to fly to Atlanta to go to a memorial service for my Grandpa, but I was rushed with my packing and forgot stuff. Our plane flew from Columbus to San Antonio, where we landed on a crowded freeway and our pilot then drove our very wide (it was about 15 seats across) plane through the crowded downtown streets of San Antonio. Oh, I've never been to San Antonio, and I don't think my Grandpa ever went to Atlanta.
Last night- I befriended the Duggars from 18 Kids and Counting. The oldest girl (Jill? Jana? Janessa?) was knocked up, and all of the older girls were hiding their secret boyfriends around the house from their parents. Turns out they're all a little bit slutty. Anyway, we were going to go to this religious retreat at a mall, but first we had to shop at Old Navy. So we get to this retreat, and everyone sits on the floor in a big circle, and the guy leading it starts talking, but I'm not really listening. I think at one point he insulted Catholics. Then I had to get up for Mass. Ironic, I know.

In conclusion, eating or drinking ANYTHING before bed is a bad plan. Especially Diet Coke, because then I couldn't get to sleep until almost 2 AM. I thought I would be okay when I finished my drink at 11, but I was really alert until about 1:30. Whoops.

Last night my mom and I saw the movie Love Happens. It wasn't bad, but neither of us realized that the ENTIRE movie is about death and the grieving process. In the previews, he just says that his wife died. But the whole movie centers around that. We made it through the movie, but there were definitely moments when I was gripping my hands so tightly, I thought I was going to break my own bones. So if you've recently lost someone (or two someones) in your life, don't see it yet. Maybe in five years or so you could try it.

The movie did have its merits though. For instance, I now know why I'm not losing any weight. Apparently people who are in mourning have a significantly harder time maintaining a healthy weight. So that's two strikes against me. Oh, and before the movie, there was a commercial for some cable station that plays a bunch of crime procedurals, and NCIS was in the commercial! My mom poked me and asked me if that made my day. (It totally did!) But then it got better! Sasha Alexander plays a photographer in the movie! She actually had a decent amount of dialogue too, but she was only in the one scene. So at that point I poked my mom and said "That's Kate!" Then I heard a lady behind me chuckle. I'm guessing she's a fan too.

I took the plunge last night. I started writing my first NCIS fanfiction. I really enjoyed it too! It's been a long time since I wrote anything fiction. I think it was Power of the Pen in 8th grade. Since then it's been mostly academic papers. Oh, and blogs/journals too. There was a brief period in high school where I wrote a bunch of angsty poems, but I threw them all away a couple of weeks ago. No need for anyone else to read those! Anyway, I made it through the first two chapters, which worked out to be about 2,100 words. When it's done, I'll post it on the site where I read most of the fanfiction I read. I haven't asked her yet, but I'm going to ask Katie to be my editor. I reread the first two chapters twice last night, and I was really suprised at how many mistakes I made, even with auto-spellcheck.

Time for Mass!

~ Christine

1 comment:

  1. bahahaha slutty duggars!! yes! (jana is the oldest one btw...yea i love that family lol)

    and i want a link when you post your fanfic!! :) lol

    ReplyDelete