Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Where did I go wrong?

I'm starting to think that I'm cursed. Did you know that I've never successfully asked a guy out? Nope, every time I've been turned down. The quality of my rejection has improved though. It's gone from a flat-out "No, I don't like you" to "I'm having dinner with my mom" to "My replacement for work never showed up." Yes, I sure know how to pick them. It took 6 rejections from one guy before I was willing to even think about other guys. I'm now on rejection number three on Local Guy, but I'm starting to feel like he's going to be easier to get past. Even though we actually did go on one date, the connection has faded. It's been three weeks since we went out. I just wish that things could have worked out between us because I really could use some physical affection when I'm here this summer. I don't know him that well, so the mental/spiritual connection just isn't there yet. It's another fabulous story of "Could Have Been..."

In the meantime, I'm falling more and more for Airport with each passing day. I really don't know why. I've only met him twice in person and both times I was so completely flabbergasted, I completely embarrassed myself. I don't know why, but he has this power over me and he doesn't even know it. When he's around, all thoughts of common sense go out the window. The odd thing is that he's only ever placed his hand on the small of my back once. That's it. So there's REALLY nothing physical happening there. Which I'm okay with, just because it's Airport. With anyone else, it wouldn't be okay, but for him, I can wait. I hope. I really want to wait, but I get so impatient and then I do something stupid and pushy and I screw things up. Again. I just want to be pursued by him. Even if he just held my hand for 5 minutes, I'd be happy.

Boy, do I have it bad or what?

~*tine*~

No comments:

Post a Comment