Hey check it out, I'm back.
I haven't felt a need to write anything in awhile, so I haven't. But sadly, now I do.
I went on a date! Yay! Nothing happened! Boo... I gave up on the previous guy I mentioned for a brief while, and I stuck my neck out online and ended up chatting with a local about lots of things and after a week and a half of chatting, he asked me to coffee. I kind of freaked out. I haven't been on a real date since my last relationship ended. I didn't really know what I was doing, but I had a great time and we ended up talking past midnight. I thought things were going well, and we agreed to a second date a few days later, but he ended up having a work conflict and he had to cancel, which put me in a fabulously pissy mood that night. Since then, things just haven't worked out. He's barely been online, has rarely responded to my messages, and things are just sort of fading out. Oh well, I guess it was something that could have been, but nothing more.
On the bright(ish) side, things are looking up for me and Airport. (that's a new nickname). It's a great trick I've learned with boys. If you ignore them, they want you more. I stopped talking to him for about a week and then he started IMing me again out of the blue. I was kind of worried that when he left Ohio, he'd stop talking to me since he was so far away, but he didn't. Then one night, he called me when I was driving back to school and he was trying to find a place to fly to. The next day he still hadn't found anywhere, so he ended up flying back here to go to a party with me. I'm still not sure if this is what he wanted all along, or if it was just the best offer he had since this offer had alcohol involved and he's not 21 yet. Did he fly here to see me or drink beer? I really don't know. I know what I'd like to believe, but I don't want to trick myself into thinking that there's something there that isn't actually there. So he came and he met my friends (who all thought he was awesome) and everything was going really well until my cousin ended up being taken to the hospital at 2 in the morning. Since he didn't know anyone else here, he ended up coming to the hospital with me. This is why I think I like him more now. He didn't bitch or complain at all. He was so nice about the whole thing, even though it cut out his partying and he had to sleep in the hospital lobby. I kept apologizing because it kind of made for a sucky weekend trip, but he honestly didn't seem to mind. So now I'm hooked on this guy. I really don't want to be because he's not going to be back in Ohio again until Christmas. I can handle long distance if it starts off as close distance, but this is a really long time to be long distance and a new relationship. Plus, I still have some concerns. He says he's not a pimp and that he hates whore and all that sort of stuff, but then he has away messages about how he's going to baseball games to check out Southern Girls. His current facebook status has something along the lines of "German girls... WOW." That's really nice. I almost want to point out that I'm over 75% German and that I'm eligible for dual citizenship if I wanted. So if he's not a pimp, then how do you explain that sort of stuff? One of my friends said it was because he was trying to make me jealous, but then I talked to one of my guy friends and he said that's not possible because guys don't think that complex. So I'm confused. I want to just let myself fall, but I don't want to get hurt again. I just need to feel safe.
~*tine*~
No comments:
Post a Comment