Tuesday, March 17, 2009

p-u

Hi again!

So Happy St. Patrick's day to you all! Be a good Catholic and celebrate the feast day with green beer! Haha. I walked outside to go to class this morning and campus smelled like ass. Seriously, like someone pooped all over campus. It was pretty gross. I think I'm going to blame the army of porta-potties outside of Flannagan's.

As some of you may know, I hit a patch of ice and crashed my car into a tree on January 17th. (Happy 2 month anniversary to me!) I escaped with only bumps and bruises, but my car was not so lucky. It wasn't a really old car, but it was a 2002, and the damages were way more than the value of the car, so it had to be totaled, which pretty much broke my heart. You can ask Jen, I seriously sat in my room and sobbed for hours when I found out I had to give it up. Luckily, Jen's family was going to trade in their 2001 Sebring, and when they found out what had happened to me, they offered to sell it to me for the trade in value! So car-wise, I got very lucky because even after taxes I still had about $1000 left over. (I've had to spend some of that since). However, my body has not been so lucky. I hit my head pretty hard, so for awhile I was on edge about that. My dad's sister Bridget died from a brain aneurism that was triggered as a result of a car accident that she was in on almost the exact same day that my accident was. Needless to say, it was kind of intense in my family once they found out about my head. I also rammed my knee into my ignition at about 30-35 mph. I injured my knee my senior year of high school as well, so this hasn't made things any better. I'm still having problems with my knee. This morning in the shower, I couldn't stand on it to shave. I also am still having back problems. Everything gets so tense, and my back just HAS to crack sometimes and it hurts so bad, but in a good way. So that's the update on my car, and me.

I've joined flickr! Mostly so I can have a pretty slideshow of pictures on my blog. So go look at them! Yay!

~ Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment