I feel like I've been running on autopilot lately. The way I see it, everything I do is organized in two categories: School and Life. School is good for the most part, but I'm really stressing over this whole practicum business. I wish that SLIS gave more help in finding a practicum site. I'm trying to be very zen about the whole thing (where I find a placement is where I'll be), but my super busy schedule over the next few weeks isn't helping. I'm so determined to have a fun Halloween this year that I'm dedicating two weekends to festivities. The last two Halloweens have been so bad that I want this year to be extra fun, but unfortunately I feel like I don't have the time for extra fun. The other part with the School thing is that I feel like a lot of what I'm doing isn't helpful and is just busywork. I want to be learning more. I'm doing really well, but I don't think I'm being challenged enough. If it wasn't for my extreme procrastination, I would be bored. The only thing that's saving me from that fate is that I put off assignments for as long as possible. Even still, my one professor messed up our syllabus big time so that we have assignments due the week before we learn the contents of the lesson that relates to that assignment. Which requires me to teach myself even more than I already am in online classes. I HATE ONLINE CLASSES. Half of the websites she references in her lessons have changed or don't exist anymore, which is just plain laziness on her part. And this is supposed to be one of the top programs in the country? Disgruntled.
Life is basically good. I haven't done many fun things in a long time, at least not fun things with my friends. Luckily I have three weekends of fun coming up, so that'll be nice. I've really gotten into working out again. Starting tomorrow (technically I should have gone today, but after my day yesterday I decided that sleep was more important) I'm walking 1.25 miles and biking for half an hour, which is anywhere from 6 miles to 7 miles. I feel good after I work out, even if I'm in pain. It's never enough to stop me from pushing forward. I've also been listening to Disney podcasts, which helps keeps me focused on my goal. It's not really a solid goal, but I want to be in better shape by the time the Disney trip comes around. Not necessarily thinner, but I want to not feel so exhausted after walking around in the parks all day. I'm betting that I'll be at least a little bit thinner, but I'm not as focused on weight as I am on my happiness and how I feel.
I think I'm going to attempt NaNoWriMo again this year. I didn't get very far last year, but I was also taking three classes during all of November and this year two of my classes end the second week of November, so I'll have more time. I haven't written anything fictional in a really long time now, but I have confidence that I'll get it back soon enough.
~Christine
No comments:
Post a Comment