Tuesday, November 9, 2010

NaNo NoMo

I feel super sad about this, but I'm taking myself out of NaNo. I simply don't have the time or energy to give to writing 50,000 words this month. I really wish NaNo was another month that wasn't so busy, like September. September I was bored out of my skull. November's a very busy month for me, and has been every year since I've been in school. Finals are in early December, and I have one written exam, which I've moved to a week earlier so that I can chaperon the Rotary Disney trip. Everything else is papers, projects, and usual homework. For someone who is essentially unemployed, this should be simple to do. But there's another issue. I've been sleeping like crap, and when I'm awake, I'm either running sinus headaches again, or I'm exhausted, or both. Basically, my goal right now is to just survive, and anything extra is being cut out of my life. Unfortunately, this means NaNo. When things calm down, I'll attempt to finish my novel on my own. I don't like leaving things unfinished, and not receiving the NaNo winner title doesn't bug me. I'm not quitting, I'm just putting a pause button on my novel.

~ Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment