Friday, September 10, 2010

princess power!

Hi!

I've been bored a lot recently. Somehow my grad school work isn't as time consuming as my undergrad school work was. I bet it'll catch up to me in the future, but for the time being, I have a sizable amount of free time. So I started following more blogs on Tumblr. Currently I follow 127, but I'm probably going to pare that list down because I followed blogs that I thought were different from what they actually are. Anyway, one of the more awesome blogs is called The Disney Princess and a couple of months ago they posted the 30 Day Disney Princess Challenge. Now, the idea is that every day for a month you answer the next question in the series, but I have lots of time now, so I'm just going to answer all of them.

Day 1: Favorite movie
Beauty and the Beast!

Day 2: Favorite princess
Belle

Day 3: Favorite prince
Prince Naveen

Day 4: Favorite song
"A Whole New World"

Day 5: Favorite kiss
The kiss between John Smith and Pocahontas that gets interrupted by Kocoum in a jealous rage. It's a super intense moment, made more intense by Kocoum being shot by Thomas.

Day 6: Prettiest princess
Belle, duh!

Day 7: Favorite castle
I feel like a lot of my answers are from Beauty and the Beast, but you can't go wrong with a castle filled with enchanted objects. Plus the West Wing is the ultimate Man Cave.

Day 8: Saddest moment
Again, from B&tB... when the Beast is laying there dying after battling Gaston and Belle is trying to encourage him to not die. It makes me cry every time!

Day 9: Favorite couple
Mulan and Shang! (side note: Shang was voiced by B.D. Wong, who plays Dr. Huang on Law and Order: SVU)

Day 10: Best hair
Even though I hate ginger bitches, Ariel wins this one. I love how her hair moves in the water. When I was little, I would lay down in the bathtub and swoosh my hair around to be more like Ariel.

Day 11: Favorite animal sidekick
Ray (the firefly) from The Princess and the Frog

Day 12: Favorite non-animal sidekick
This is hard... there aren't many of them! Probably Charlotte from The Princess and the Frog because she's so blonde and the stereotypical rich American.

Day 13: Favorite outfit
The dress that Tiana wears right after she's transformed back into a human.

Day 14: Favorite villain
Ursula. She's why I'm not a big fan of cephalopods.

Day 15: Favorite romantic moment
When the Beast gives Belle his library... I can dream, right?

Day 16: Favorite singing voice
Tiana/Anika Noni Rose

Day 17: Best eyes
Since it doesn't specify that the eyes have to be princess eyes, I'm going to say John Smith.

Day 18: Favorite name
Cogsworth. It sounds like a drink an old man would have in a dark bar.

Day 19: Favorite soundtrack
Pocahontas! I can even sing the Native American parts.

Day 20: Funniest moment
Anything Prince Naveen says is hilarious!

Day 21: Favorite quote
A single grain of rice can tip the scale. One man may be the difference between victory and defeat.

Day 22: Bravest princess
Mulan

Day 23: Favorite dance scene
The "How Do You Know" dance from Enchanted

Day 24: Favorite parent
The Sultan

Day 25: Favorite lyrics
“I want adventure in the great wide somewhere / I want it more than I can tell / And for once it might be grand / To have someone understand / I want so much more than they’ve got planned…” – Belle

Day 26: Most magical moment
The Beast's transformation

Day 27: Best wardrobe
Belle! I really wanted my senior prom dress to look like this:

Day 28: Favorite sequel
Beauty and the Beast and the Enchanted Christmas... I like parts of Pocahontas 2, but in my mind I want Pocahontas to still be with John Smith, even though it's historically inaccurate. Since when did Disney care about being historically correct?

Day 29: Favorite overall moment
I love the moment when Mulan decides to take her father's place in the army because he's too frail to fight. Now that's love!

Day 30: Favorite happy ending
The Princess and the Frog... it's actually happy (I'm looking at you, Pocahontas!) and it's explained well (most other Disney movies) and we get a sense of closure (Tiana and Naveen get married as frogs, get married as people for their families, we finally see Naveen's parents, they open up Tiana's dream restaurant, where Naveen really does mince!).

Ta-da!

That took me entirely too long. I really tried to not focus all of my answers on Beauty and the Beast, but really, I could have answered every single question with something from that movie. I have another 30 day challenge I got from another Tumblr, so be on the lookout for that next!

~ Christine

1 comment:

  1. 1) cephalopods are awesome, you watch your mouth!! XD

    2) i can totally see ducky ordering a cogsworth lol

    3) best quote is from mulan 2 - "you are like fresh ginger in the rice bowl of my life" ^_^

    ReplyDelete