I seem to be in a Wednesday rut. Hmm no good.
This is going to be an entry of little bits that probably don't connect to each other. Sorry, I don't have enough to write one cohesive thought.
I am living in a dorm this summer. I hate living in a dorm again. First of all, it DOES have air conditioning, which is a HUGE plus compared to Stuart last summer, and since this year I'm not dating a supervisor who lives in an apartment on campus (no, Bill and I haven't broken up, he's still in Denver, silly!), it's now even more important to me. However, renovated rooms come at a cost. They took out the sinks in the rooms. This might not seem like a big deal, but it is. Brushing my teeth, washing my face, doing dishes, and making coffee all involve using the contaminated bathroom sink. GROSS. That brings me to another issue. Dorm showers. Thankfully, the bathrooms are also renovated and have only a year of germs built-up on the walls as opposed to 50 years. However, showering while wearing shoes is not good, and the water temperature varies from scalding to frigid.
I'm on a quest to collect all 8 seasons of Full House on DVD. Presently I have 1 and 2. Right now, I'm watching the end of season 2, way back when MK&A weren't sickly or stealing clothes from homeless people. Instead, they were at the perfect TV child age of approximately 2 1/2. Cute, walking, talking, but not talking enough to be annoying like Stephanie Tanner many times. I want to borrow a 2 1/2 year old for an afternoon. Throw in a puppy too, just for kicks.
In addition to the Full House quest, I have a new favorite scent. It's a candle that I got for Easter from Yankee Candle. It's called Island Getaway and it's the perfect mix of fresh air, sunblock, and salt water. I love it. I want to have my places I live smell like it forever. Unfortunately, I can't find it on the Yankee Candle website, and until I do, I'm not going to burn it. Instead, I take the lid off the jar and sniff it like gasoline. Erm...
Sad news. My Aunt Amy got laid off today. This recession thing is really dragging me down. *sniffs candle to forget my problems* Word on Facebook is that 17% of my graduating class got a job. Let's reiterate: 17% That means that in a class of approximately 1400 students, 238 of us got a job. Definately not for a lack of trying either. So many people I'm friends with haven't even gotten an interview (such as myself). My parent's house is starting to become more and more realistic...
This kind of ties in with my next point. Bill might not be staying in Denver next year after all. It's a complicated story that's really his business, and my business, but not your business. If you want to know, ask and I'll tell, just not online. Anywho, Habitat had changed where they post their Americorps openings from the Americorps site to their own website. Knowing this information, Bill discovered that there is an opening in Troy, several in C-bus, and even one in Cleveland. SO I might not be moving far, far away after all. There's always that chance that he'll stay, but I'm thinking it's not as likely as I thought. Let the job hunt move to the Eastern Time Zone!
Oh, I think I'm orange. Ashley doesn't seem to think so, but I tried a self-tanner and I'm not really used to being... not pale. I feel thinner, which is nice. But it kind of freaks me out a little bit. I did mess up on my left foot though. I've consistently forgotten about my toes. Whoops. So my little piggies are still pink. C'est la vie.
~ Christine
No comments:
Post a Comment